Monday, June 14, 2010

Beast of God

I am that beast who made her way to you. My fur is black and my eyes glistening red. My teeth gleam perfect white and my claws are unmatched by your swords of nobility. I lie down at your feet in a bristling mass of growling temptation. I am never true.

I shift like tremors under your skin. A mountain of black fur moving like an ocean. Twisting into impossible positions but never taking my eyes off of you. I hunger and am never full.

I lick your leg like an adoring pet. I have seen the gates of hell where I loved demons with many heads and grotesque limbs. I have scoured the earth and heavens for tasty morsels of fleshy children. I have shoved my head under the hand of God and purred in his lap.

I am under every frightened child's bed. I run wild through dark razor-sharp thickets. I howl at the moon for her lost love. I tear the meat from the hunter and bath in his screams. I terrorize villagers and make off with virgins. I fear nothing and have been here since the world began.

Never trust that I am not hungry for you. Do not lay your hand upon my head with the assumption that I will not bite you. Do not mistake my growling for affection. Do not turn your back on me because, my friend, you look very appealing and I do not worry about biting the hand that feeds me when I am oh so hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment