Friday, May 11, 2012

Candy

It is just blood covering my lips, thick and sticky. Tasting of sweet rotting sugar and rusted copper pennies. It's staining my hands a deep clotted vermillion. A painting in gore splashed across my chest and neck. It's just your blood. So sweet, so syrupy. You remind me of candied apples on hot summer nights, the red candy melting down my hands and sticking to my jeans.  I want to eat you.

She won't want you if you don't have a heart anymore, old lover of mine. She might think she loves you but your sugared heart still belongs to me. I claimed ownership of it many years ago with my dirty hands and dirtier, twisted mind. And if I reach those filthy clawed fingers into your chest now I can pull your creamy center out for both of you to see. I can eat it like strawberry pie and suck those insides up like clotted cream.

I'm waiting to bury my teeth into the vein just below your chin. I can taste salty taffy sweat brought on by short gasps as I sit on your chest. I can feel your pulse racing against my lips. I can feel the blood singing it's sweet song to me, my flaxened haired candy man. I can feel you quivering like an opiate hardlined into my bloodstream. You are a chocolate covered gummy bear I just can't wait to sink my teeth into. And as I drip sour saliva down your soft chewable neck I can taste your fear in the back of my throat like hot chocolate too delicious to swallow.

When I rip sallow flesh away with needle sharp teeth and am met with a spray of deep marshmallow crimson and chunks of slippery flesh, I am awash in your regret and sudden shock at my threats become real. Your blood on my lips, yes thick and sticky and sweeter than any syrup I have ever tasted. Sweeter than all the candied apples at the carnival. With your blood painted across my twisted smile I can listen to your gurgling, eyes rolling back in your head like bright bulging gum balls and twist my fleshy smile even wider as I watch your sticky sweet red life seep out of you onto the cold, hard floor.

You are a candy wrapper, all eaten and balled up and tossed in the trash. Now I have to move on and find something else to devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment