Friday, July 12, 2013

Face Breaker

Did he come for you? Did you put his hands on you? Did he tell you he loved you?

Because I'm pretty sure it was all a lie.

I had to resist the urge to slam his head into the counter when he told me he was leaving. He was looking for a better deal with better tits. I was just trying to keep my hand off the kitchen knife and keep the kitchen knife out of his chest. He thought he knew what was in my mind but I keep this kind of darkness for myself. The genetic violence, the seething hatred all mixed up in love and gentleness. I could softly kill you and you would never feel it until it was too late. I could punch you in the face with love and lap the blood up like a candy land vampire. I can feel the monster moving just under my skin calling my name. Telling me to come home.

He said, "You know what, you're too moody. You need to lose 20 pounds and your hair is a mess. You hang your bras on the doorknob. You're too needy. You want me too much. You're too fucked up. You're so emotionally damaged. I can't stand it when you get sick and need me to take care of you. I hate the way you always want to fuck. You tell me you love me too much. You don't suck my dick enough. You're always naked. Who does that? You spend too much time writing. You don't hate the same things I hate. You take everything too seriously. You spend too much time putting your makeup on. You never do the dishes. You talk to yourself when you think nobody is around. You spend too much time in your head. You always eat the last piece of pie. You're too much of a bitch. You burn your bridges. You keep a knife under the mattress. Sometimes you scare me. And you snore."

That's when the plate came flying out of my hand and shattered into the wall by his head. The shards flying past his cheek leaving little dotted lines of blood welling up and spilling down his skin. I hadn't even realized it was in my hand. He stood there in stunned silence. His eyes as big as coffee cups. Tears on the edges of his eyelashes. His lip quivering like a child.

With my fists clenched tightly at my side, I sighed through tight teeth, "You should probably leave now."


No comments:

Post a Comment