Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dawn Through Windows

The morning light is streaming through the window and wakes me as it stretches down my naked body seeking out the far wall of the room. I roll over to look at you and watch it light upon your face setting your hair on fire in its golden rays. I smile, having at some point during my dream-beleaguered night forgotten you were here. The daylight outlines your face, your shoulder, your chest... creating shadows on the scratches and little bruises of our late night activities. I smile a little more as I shiver with the cheeky little memories of your fingers finding interesting games to play upon my skin.

I trace my fingertips gently over your lips as I think about how hungrily you pushed your tongue into my mouth when we first kissed last night. You seemed so desperate to taste me as your lips touched mine like an electrical shock. The blood rushed to my face and my breathe came out in little heady gasps as you slipped your fingers beneath the band of my skirt to graze the top of my hips. In your eyes leaked a blind devotion to the terrain of my body as moonlight spilled over the contours of my skin while you peeled my clothing from my soft form--slowly, deliberately. You seemed to concentrate so very hard on what you saw, as if you wanted to commit every little line, dip and curve of me to your memory so you could visit it night and night again.

I am replaying the entire night in my mind and sighing provocatively when you flutter your lashes and open your eyes to me. My smile becomes mirrored on your lips as you focus upon my face and I know as I curl myself under the crook of your arm that we can revisit the memories of last night once again in this light of the golden dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment