Saturday, January 16, 2010

Unending Heart in the Time of Fearful Reunions

You have been thinking about me for years and your mind will never be completely free of me. You can try to wash it clean with sex and violence and other women but we both know it is me you are thinking of as you stare into their eyes. My body calls to you across the years and the depths of remembrance. The gentle curve of my breast, my breath in your ear as I whisper your name, my fingers running down your spine... I have left my imprint upon you as only a vengeful heart can.

You feared that I was staring into your soul as you held my gaze and you were right. I know you better than your really know yourself without you saying a word. Your touch told me everything I needed to know. I can read your mind in your actions. You will flee from me over and over again but you will be back someday when you realize you really have no where else to go. You know my arms will always be waiting for you as my heart lies dormant until your return. When all others have abandoned you, I will not.

You fear me as all men do. Touching me is like touching fire. You fear I will burn you up with the waves of emotion that roll off my skin; I refuse to be anything less-- to limit or deaden myself because I make you uncomfortable. I will not live half a life. I could not hear your thoughts in my head if I were to be anything less.

You are thinking about me right now even though you are trying hard not to. I can hear it over the distance between us. It vibrates and hums like an electric current through the night air. It tugs at me and makes me dance about the room like a marionette caught in the strings of the Devil's hands. My eyes flare as my soul does and I will dream of my hands upon you tonight. And when you close your eyes you will see these same visions and fear me until your dying day.

Come... curl against me and put your head in my lap. I will tell you that everything will be okay and fill you with the unending, undiluted light that is my love... if you will only halt your fears of me and let me lay my grace upon you in this; a shining time of an unending heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment