Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Run Rabbit... Run.

I can tell you are lying naked in my arms and wondering when you can get up to leave. You have given me tiny bits of your soul like crumbs on a pathway. Is it so horrible to have someone care about you? Of course it is...

I have come to accept this place as my home; I have locked the door, shut the blinds and cradled myself inside this little bit of darkness that envelops my heart. My soft skin has turned ice-cold and my eyes have shut tight against the approaching light. I will not pry them open on this advancing day. I will stay in the dark where I have always been. I will let these depths take me over; take me under; drown me in currents deeper than I can see.

"Your eyes... they are so sad..."

I am now lying here, naked, alone... my arms wrapped around nothing. My heart pried open when I prayed it stay closed. Light spilling in while I cling at darkness. Burning the back of my mind and plunging me into chaotic fits of sighing... in between this world and the next I will find no comfort and wander far from home...

No comments:

Post a Comment